Ohio Auditor of State
The Auditor of State's office strives for clean, accountable and efficient governments for those we serve, the people of Ohio.
We are professionals. We work under objective standards, driven by numbers and facts without regard to politics.
Every day, we work to achieve truth in a smarter, streamlined government.
As one of five independently elected statewide offices under Ohio’s Constitution, the Auditor of State’s office strives for clean, accountable and efficient governments for the people of Ohio.
With a statewide staff of more than 800 auditors and other professionals, the Auditor of State’s office is responsible for auditing all public offices in Ohio – more than 5,900 entities -- including cities, counties, villages, townships, schools, state universities and public libraries as well as all state agencies, boards and commissions.
The Auditor’s office also offers performance auditing for state and local public offices, identifies and investigates fraud in public agencies, provides financial services to local governments and promotes transparency in government.
Auditor of State Senior Staff
Auditor Dave Yost and his nine senior staff members direct the Auditor of State's office in its mission to provide clean, accountable, and efficient government to Ohioans.
- Brenda Rinehart – Chief of Staff
- Robert Hinkle – Chief Deputy Auditor
- Scott Anderson – Director, Ohio Performance Team (OPT)
- Mark Altier – Chief Legal Counsel
- Mark Porter – Director of Public Integrity
- Ben Marrison – Communications Director & Senior Advisor
- Carrie Bartunek – Senior Policy Advisor for External Affairs
- Shawn Busken – Director of Policy and Legislative Affairs